It's been a long time since I last wrote about one of my favorite subjects: French style & beauty, and it's time to remedy that. My last trip to Paris left me with tons of new inspiration, and I'm looking forward to sharing it all with you. Today we'll be diving into the enchanted world of dry oils, which are one of the best kept French beauty secrets. It all started with Nuxe's Huile Prodigieuse, which I've already mentioned on the blog several times. My love for this beauty miracle is practically endless (as you can see on the photos; and that's not even my entire collection!). So why is it so extraordinary?
This multipurpose dry oil was born in 1991 in Paris. It's composed of 6 precious oils (borage, St. John'ss wort, sweet almond, camellia, hazelnut and macadamia) and vitamin E. All these powerful natural ingredients promise to nourish, repair and soften your face, body and hair. Plus, this dry oil has a fabulous warm scent that will remind you of sun, sand and long days spent lazing in the sun. When it comes to dry oils, a little goes a long way. You don't need to use tons of the stuff to get the results. And you can forget your worries, too: this oil definitely won't leave a sticky residue on your skin.
These are my favorite ways to use this beauty miracle:
1) Treat yourself to an extra dose of hydration: add a drop of Huile Prodigieuse to your usual day or night cream, and apply with circular motions, giving your face a light massage.
2) Mix a drop with your foundation for a smooth glide. It will give you a healthy glow and dewy finish without being greasy. Or you can add a touch of the Huile Or (the shimmery golden version) on your cheeks and eyelids o highlight your tan in summer. Or you can mix it with your lip balm and apply to your dry and chapped lips.
3) Use Huile Prodigieuse as a pre-shampoo treatment. Coat your lengths in a dose of dry oil, put your hair in a high bun or wrap it in a towel, and let it work for 30 minutes. Than wash your hair as per usual.
4) For a smooth blowout, vaporize a little bit of Huile on your hair brush and brush your tresses thoroughly. You'll get a supple and glossy finish.
5) Apply a drop of Huile on your dry ends, on those bad hair days prior to your scheduled haircut.
6) Apply the Huile after the shower, on a slightly damp skin. It will make your skin smooth, luminous, supple and heavenly scented. But don't worry, the scent won't interfere with your fragrance: it'll fade after 30 minutes or so.
7) In summer, apply the shimmery golden version on your legs, arms and collarbones, to highlight your tan and give your skin a subtle shimmer.
8) Huile Prodigieuse will also save your desperately dry hands: it'll give them a healthy dose of hydration, but it won't leave them greasy like other hand creams can do. It's a miracle for nails and cuticles, too!
9) Treat yourself to a moment o pure bliss and luxury: add a few drops of Huile to your bath. It's my favorite way to relax and unwind after a particularly tiring week.
So, there you have it: all my ways to use this wonderful product. Talk about multipurpose! I strongly recommend you give it a try, and I would love to hear about your experiences. Have you ever tried dry oils? Let me know in the comments below.