Anyone else out there feeling like the first month of 2013 passed by in a blink of an eye? I'm not sure I can grasp the fact that today is the last day of January. Does the time fly even faster in 2013? Or is it just me? Anyways, even if I concluded the month of January in bed, with a nasty flu and without my computer, it was still a lovely month full of pretty little details and rose-tinted experiences. Here is the glimpse at what my January 2013 was all about:
1. Loving: Peerless Charm Jewelry. I had the pleasure of interviewing Lauren, the utterly talented jewelry designer behind this brand for my Brunch with a blogger series, and it made me fall in love with her collections even more (if it was even possible). I've been wearing my Peerless Charm bib necklace and pearl earrings practically every day. And because the Valentine's day is creeping up on us, Lauren and I have a big surprise for all of you. Be sure to check back tomorrow to see, what we have in store (pun intended) for you!
2. Reading: Julia Child: My life in France. This is hands down my favorite book from my January reading list. Getting lost in Julia's lively and exuberant story, reading all about her years spent in Paris and Marseille, about the incredible creative process that led to the publishing of Mastering the art of French cooking: it was such a treat for my soul! All I want to do now is buy all her cookbooks, download every single one of her TV shows, and not leave my kitchen for days. Fabulous book!
3. Coveting: Diptyque Rose Duet. My recent shopping experience at Diptyque in Paris has turned me into a Diptique addict. I've been wearing Do Son every single day and burning my Jasmine candle to feel a little bit glamorous even with a flu, and now I have my eyes set on the Valentine's day special edition, which blends together two Diptyque's signature scents: Baies and Rose. A must.
4. Watching: Glee. I'm obsessed with this show. Every episode teaches me about the importance of dreaming, dreaming more, believing in my dreams, and making them happen. Plus, the singing performances are so unbelievably beautiful and touching, that they often bring me to tears. Inspiring.
5. Drinking: Homemade hot chocolate on a stick. Ever since I tried my hands on this DIY project, I never ever want to drink a hot chocolate made of powder again. Nothing equals the richness and decadence of a true dark or milk chocolate melted in a mug of steaming hot milk. This is the ultimate winter comfort drink.
6. Buying: Fresh tulips and Sparkling baubles from Asos. My whole country can be covered in a thick layer of snow, I don't care. I have my eyes (and mind) set on spring (especially on spring makeup and cheerful spring decorating projects), and I can't go a week without buying a bouquet of brightly colored tulips at my grocery store. They liven up my desk, smell heavenly and they make me even more impatient about the arrival of the first days of spring. And when it comes to Asos gem drop earrings, I'm a firm believer that a girl can never have enough sparkle in her life.
7. Wearing: Elegant winter coat and high heeled boots. Even if my mind is set firmly on spring days, I'm not that crazy as to challenge the snow-covered sidewalks wearing my patent leather pumps. Warm boots are an essential winter staple, but I'm never one to compromise style over comfort. A trench-inspired tweed coat and leather knee-high boots are my most faithful winter companions, permitting me to survive the cold days in style.
8. Listening to: Harry Potter soundtracks. I have all 8 CDs on repeat while working on my blog and writing projects. I don't like to work in complete silence, but radio tubes usually distract me from my ideas. Movie music is the best compromise, and it provides the perfect backdrop to laying my ideas and words on paper (or, more often, in the blog post editor).
9. Eating: Chocolate. My ultimate comfort when I'm sick with flu. Enough said.
10. Dreaming of: Vacation on a far away island. White sand, clear blue sea, no internet connection, a stack of books and magazines, and an unlimited supply of Cosmopolitan. My idea of heaven right now. A girl can dream, right?
What are the things that've been making you happy in January? I would love to know!