Monday, July 15, 2013

Inspired by: Pink & coral lace

Image via

Sometimes, the sartorial inspiration can strike from the most unexpected places. That's precisely what happened with the above picture. I'm not usually one to swoon over bridesmaids dresses, but I simply couldn't take my eyes off of this gorgeous palette of pink and coral lace. There's something so cheerful and summery about these hues! Plus, pink being my favorite color of all times, I simply can't believe that I don't own anything in pink lace yet!

Of course, these are not the easiest hues and pieces to pull off. Unless you want to resemble a life-sized Barbie desperately seeking her Ken, you should pay close attention to your styling. The best thing to do is avoid too much visual information: no wild mixing and matching here! You can always tone the brightness of pink and coral down with neutrals like black, beige and denim. A stunning lace dress would look fantastic with a denim jacket or a classic trench (hello, glamorous). Or you could pair a bright pink top with skinny jeans and low boots or nude pumps. And if you're more conservative or simply intimidated by all the brightness, start with just a hint of pink lace on your shoes. Bonus points? When you're wearing such cheerful colors, you are bound to feel happy!

So tell me, have you already experimented with colorful lace? Are you planning to?

Shop the look

Keep up with Macarons and Pearls on Twitter / Facebook / Bloglovin / Instagram / Pinterest

14 comments:

1. Dresses numbers 4 and 11 are simply amazing! I would wear them in a heartbeat :)

ReplyDelete
  2. I am just as obsessed with this colour. It's such a happy uplifting shade. I have a lace top in this colour and it goes so well with many of my other wardrobe items.

3. Sam @ Frills & ThrillsJuly 15, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Hi Ivana, how have you been hun? Now you have me obsessing over this stunning and feminine shade. I would love to have number 1, 6,7 and 8, beautiful picks!

ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm in love with this shade of lace too!

Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty! I have some pink wedges with cut out details that look very lacy- I might have to pull them out now!

6. Outside Looking InJuly 15, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Hello dear! I commented but I think it disappeared??? I love the lace dresses and the colors! Great picks for summer!

ReplyDelete
  7. You can't get any more feminine and pretty than pink & coral lace! I'm totally swooning over that Jason Wu top! As much as I love pink, I don't own anything in pink lace yet either :)

Rowena @ rolala loves

8. Ivana @ Macarons and PearlsJuly 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM

And you would look absolutely stunning in either of them, I'm sure :)

9. Ivana @ Macarons and PearlsJuly 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I couldn't agree more with you, I can't even imagine a happier color! I definitely need to invest in great lace top myself. Thank you so much for stopping by!

10. Ivana @ Macarons and PearlsJuly 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM

My dearest Sam, I've been running around like crazy these past two weeks, I really need to slow down a little bit!

You definitely have great taste: your picks are my favorites too :) Great minds, right?

Have a fantastic day!

11. Ivana @ Macarons and PearlsJuly 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I would definitely love to see those! You can never go wrong with pink shoes!

12. Ivana @ Macarons and PearlsJuly 16, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Thank you, sweetie! I'm so happy to see you back around here! How have you been?

13. Ivana @ Macarons and PearlsJuly 16, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Couldn't agree more with you Rowena! Isn't that Jason Wu just stunning? I'm just a tiny bit put off by the price tag, and now I'm hunting for a more affordable option. I was so happy to receive your email last week! Now I need to carve out some time to answer you :)

Have a fantastic day!

14. Vintage DanielleJuly 16, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Oh I love love love! Such a pretty color in lace!

ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking time to leave a comment! Let's make this a place for positivity and constructive feedback! I'm looking forward to all our conversations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover