Quiche (see my original, slightly different recipe here) is one of my favorite French dishes, and probably one of the most indulgent ones as well. The combination of savory bacon, fluffy egg and cream mixture and delicious cheese is the epitome of comfort food, and oh-so-perfect for these cold and snowy days.
I'm a firm believer that everything tastes better in bite size version, and these mini quiches are certainly no exception to the rule.They require a little bit more time and effort that the original recipe, but the results are well worth it. I whipped these out on Sunday afternoon, as a remedy to the continuous depressing weather. Let me just say: they worked perfectly! Not only they were so pretty that they instantly made me happy, they were also so delicious that they disappeared immediately. Plus, they would make for a fabulous party treat!
Tell me, do you sometimes transform a regular recipe into a mini version?
Mini bacon and quiche
You'll need (makes 20 mini quiches):
* 300g all-purpose flour
* 150g butter, softened
* 2 eggs (they give the dough a pretty yellow color, see below)
* a pinch of salt
* 100g bacon
* 3 eggs
* 4 tbsp cream
* 50g parmesan, grated
1. With the help of food processor, combine sifted flour, salt, softened butter and slightly beaten eggs. For a ball of dough, wrap it in the plastic, and let sit in the fridge for 1 hour.
2. On a work surface dusted with flour, roll out the dough with the help of rolling pin (it should be 5mm high).
3. Cut out round shapes (I used a glass) that will fit your mini pie pans. Line the pans with dough circles, and bake in the oven preheated to 200°C for 10 minutes.
4. In the meantime, dice the bacon and roast it in a frying pan for 10 minutes.
5. In a bowl, beat slightly eggs and cream.
6. Retire the dough out of the oven, place a spoonful of roasted bacon in each pan, add enough egg and cream mixture to reach the top of the dough, then cover entirely with grated cheese.
7. Bake for another 20 minutes (or more, depending on you oven: the quiches should be golden on the surface).
I would love to connect with you on Twitter / Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest !