1. Dreaming of: A good night's sleep. For the past few weeks I've been feeling like a dog chasing its own tail. Juggling my day job as international relations manager and daily blogging has proven to be more challenging than I'd ever expected. With last minute work projects pouring in, I haven't been able to blog as much as I would have wanted to. And since I don't want to insult you with half hearted posts, I had to slow down a little bit on my editorial calendar. Thank you so much for sticking with me: I promise I'll make it up to you with a bunch of new inspiring projects very soon!
2. Drinking: Café au lait. Due to the facts listed above, my "Earl Grey for breakfast" routine was quickly abandoned. I need something more substantial (and caffeine-packed) to draw me out of bed in the morning, and my trustful café au lait have never failed me. Waking up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee is the most amazing morning ritual I can think of!
3. Reading: Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. I was really excited to read this one, looking forward to get a peek into the psychology and personality behind the world phenomenon that is Apple. So far I've learned that Jobs truly was a genius, but he had an incredibly despicable personality (or was it some kind of psychological disorder?) that made him really hard to work with. Unfortunately, I feel a little bit underwhelmed by the voice of this book, but that is probably due to the poor Slovak translation. Have you read this book yourself? Would anyone recommend the English original? I would really love to know!
4. Doing: Planning my trip to Paris. The perspective of landing in Paris in just 2 weeks leaves me positively giddy with excitement. I think that my declaration of love pretty much sums it up. I've been having so much fun putting together my lists of things to do, to visit, to taste and to shop. I desperately need this vacation!
5. Listening to: Le Roi Soleil. French musicals have always had a special place in my heart. Roméo et Juliette is by far my all time favorite (and as I mentioned here, seeing the live performance in Paris 2 years ago was one of the most enchanting, wondrous and spectacular experiences of my life). Le Roi Soleil comes close behind: for some unknown reason I've been listening to this album the whole month (oh yes, and singing along loudly, probably to my neighbors' dismay) and I love it more and more still!
6. Loving: Debra Lynn Meija's prints. Having my own gallery wall filled with pieces I love has always been a dream of mine, and this month I've finally started to research and shop for my first pieces. Of course, Etsy is the gold mine when it comes to beautiful and inspiring prints (you may remember me listing my favorite illustrators here). Debra Lynn Mejia was one of the first talented illustrators I discovered, and when this and this print arrived in the mail, I couldn't be happier. They are so lovely, chic and glamorous! I'm pretty sure that this Chanel bag will be my next purchase!
7. Coveting: Dorothy Perkins rose and crystal jewelry. Roses and crystals: two of my favorite things ever. These pieces of jewelry (necklace, earrings and bracelet) are stuff that dreams are made of, and I simply can't get my eyes off of them. They are the definition of glamorous statement pieces. And they need to be mine. Asap.
8. Buying: Asos Stud strap bag. I love a fabulous clutch as much as the next girl (and I already have quite a collection of them in my closet), but they haven't been very useful to me as of late. Right now I need a handbag that can hold all my little life (iPhone, iPad, cosmetic bag, planner, you name it, I have it in my bag), as well as all the work papers I keep toting around. When I stumbled upon this Asos beauty, I knew it was the one. Its soft blush color is timeless, and studded details add just the right amount of edge. I've been awaiting its arrival anxiously, and I can't wait to bring it to Paris with me!
9. Watching: Gossip Girl's final season. It's been a long time since Revenge replaced Gossip Girl on top of my "obsessed with" list. In my opinion, the moment Dan and Blair got together, the show lost all its credibility (seriously, what were they thinking?). However, fashion is still fabulous, the plot interesting, and I really want to know whether they reveal Gossip Girl's true identity at the end of this last season. I guess I'll be sticking with the Upper East Siders right till the end.
10. Wearing: Dorothy Perkins red duffle coat. I hate to admit that with all the end-of-year work craziness around here, I haven't been able to pay too much attention to my outfits. This one has been on constant rotation (believe me, it's the easiest thing to throw on at 6am!). My red coat is my savior: adding a pop of color and a touch of quirkiness to any boring outfit I put together. It's definitely a keeper!
11. Eating: Praline brioche. This recipe was a tricky one (as documented here and here), but oh so worth all the efforts! I've always loved food with sentimental value (I'm a hopeless romantic, remember?), and this sweet and fluffy brioche dotted with pink pralines is the most perfect example. I've borrowed this recipe from someone very close to my heart, and I think of her every time I make it. Aren't these the best memories?