The summer is slowly but surely drawing to a close and so is my summer getaway series (you can find all the inspirational posts here). And since I started this series in Paris, it only feels appropriate to finish in another amazing and beautiful part of France: Provence. Although I lived in France for 4 years, I've never been to Provence, and it's one of my biggest regrets. When thinking about this southern part of France, I always imagine vast lavender fields, fragrant herbs, glasses of summery rosé wine, and the most delicious food in the world. When it comes to outfits inspired by this wonderful place, I imagine lots of flowy skirts and pretty tops, cute ballet flats, and of course, all the shades of lavender.
And when in Provence, don't forget to stock up on amazing Provencal cosmetics (L'Occitane and Savon de Marseille have been on top of my list for years!). There's nothing that transports me back to France more effectively than a bar of lavender soap and shea butter hand cream!
Now you tell me, what would your perfect last minute summer getaway look like? Where would you go and what would you pack?
2. ModCloth Modern Madeline top, $37.99
4. ModCloth Sway and Simple skirt, $37.99
6. ModCloth Cat Eye Cutie sunglasses, $11.99
7. ModCloth Prim the name of love flat, $26.99
8. Essie in Miss Fancy Pants, $8
9. Dorothy Perkins Colourblock quilt smart bag, $49
1. ModCloth The time is nigh necklace, $11.99
3. ModCloth Time of my life dress in lilac, $164.99
6. Essie in Head Mistress, $8
8. Dorothy Perkins cream / black tweed trim courts, $59
4. Peter Mayle: Provence from A - Z, $10.91
6. MAC mini pro eye makeup remover, $10
9. ModCloth Côte d'Azur sunglasses, $11.99