Ever since I made my very first pot of homemade pesto, I've been wondering about new, original ways to incorporate it into my recipes. And this tomato and ricotta tart was just the perfect opportunity. I've been eyeing all those colorful cherry tomatoes on the farmers market for weeks (orange and yellow were definitely my faves), and I imagined this colorful tart full of rich taste. It's the perfect recipe for summer, very easy to prepare but made to impress by all the summery flavors. In a few words: a new staple.
* 1 roll of puff pastry
* 2 tbsp of pesto (I used my homemade one)
* cherry tomatoes in various colors
* 2tbsp of ricotta
1. Roll out the puff pastry on a baking sheet. Incise it slightly 2cm from the edge.
2. In a bowl, combine pesto with ricotta and spread it all over the pastry.
3. Slice the tomatoes and place them all over the ricotta and pesto mixture.
4. Bake the tart in the oven preheated to 200°C, for 45 minutes (or more, the tomatoes should be almost dried).
5. Serve with a green salad.
Don't forget to follow Macarons and Pearls for more chic updates and inspiring pictures: