Over the past weekend my fiancé was quite busy preparing some things for work, so in order to have my outfit photos taken, I had to bribe him with a sweet treat. Since the strawberry season is slowly coming to an end here in Graz, and we try to enjoy it as much as possible while we can, a strawberry tiramisu was a natural choice. I opted for a very simplified version (you can easily whip this up in just 10 minutes), and I think it was quite a success. I'm already trying to figure out what sweet treat I'll use as a bribe next time!
Simplified strawberry tiramisu
* 20 - 25 strawberries
* 15 ladyfingers
* a small cup of strong coffee
* 2 spoonfuls of Amaretto
* 200g Mascarpone
* 3tsp vanilla extract
1. Cut each ladyfinger in three and dispose several pieces in small bowls. Sprinkle them with a few teaspoons of coffee mixed with Amaretto.
2. Combine mascarpone and vanilla extract and spread a spoonful of this mixture over the ladyfingers.
3. Cut the strawberries in quarters and place them evenly on mascarpone.
4. Add another layer of ladyfingers, sprinkle with coffee, add mascarpone and strawberries. Continue like that until you run out of the ingredients. Finish with a layer of strawberries.
5. Put in the fridge for a few hours.