1. D&G Lavender raffia platform court shoe, $511.50
2. Steve Madden Traisie in Lavender suede, $89.95
From all the pretty pastels you can imagine, lavender is definitely the one that epitomizes the French chic to me. It always makes me dream about vast lavender fields in Provence, the pretty flowers swaying in the soft breeze, spilling their intoxicating scent... I have a pot with lavender on the windowsill in my office, and it makes me incredibly happy to stop working every now and then and deeply inhale the calming and relaxing perfume.
There is no need to explain why I'm absolutely in love with all the lavender pieces cropping up on the runways and in the collections of some of my favorite brands. Lavender is a surprisingly versatile hue that transitions perfectly from day to night. It can look pretty and feminine when paired with soft neutrals (I would definitely wear these pants with a crisp white top and a sharp tailored peachy blazer), or dramatic and fierce when worn with black and sparkle (like a black sequined dress with a classy lavender jacket and a pair of sky-high heels). Whatever the styling (of course, lavender sweats doesn't fall into to stylish category), it will always look incredibly chic.
Below you'll find some of my lavender obsessions du jour (I'm especially partial to the beautiful lace skirt).
1. True Love shrunken oxford, $47.50
2. Helen Berman Lace pencil skirt, $85.00
4. Time of my life dress, $164.99
5. Botkier Eden satchel in Lavender Lizard, $357.99
6. Kenneth Jay Lane beautiful bracelet, $124.99
8. Alice+Olivia Arthur pants, $198.00
9. Bloch classic pearl in Lavender / Black, $115.99
When it comes to lavender, it looks equally fabulous in your closet as it does in your bathroom. If you have green and hazel eyes like I do, you probably know that nothing makes your eyes pop like a swipe of soft lavender eyeshadow, or even better, a lavender smoky eye. And there's nothing I love more after a long day of working, than to enjoy a calming bath with lavender salt and shower gel. And when I think lavender, I think L'Occitane. Believe me when I say that no one does organic lavender cosmetics better than the French!
2. Colonial Candle in French Lavender, $56.99
4. Boscia lavender blotting papers, $10.00
5. Dior Adict Ultra Gloss in Party lilac, $28.00
7. Archipelago Lavender 5 body lotion, $25.00
8. Clairsonic Mia sonic skin cleansing system, $119.00
9. L'Occitane Lavender bath salts, $24.00
11. Essie in Looking for love, $8.00
12. L'Occitane Lavender Organic shower gel, $20.00