There are trends and styles that are fleeting like a light, and there are those that are meant to stay. Color blocking seems to belong to the latter, and you can find inspiration wherever you look: on the street, on the blogs, on people. I, for once, have always been intrigued by the classic French tricolor combo, but I've always feared that it would be difficult to pull off. When you're wearing red, blue and white together, you definitely don't want to look tacky or like you're draped in a flag. But with this Jessica Alba's outfit, I've found exactly what I was looking for: bright blue jeans and classic white tee is something that will always look chic. A cheerful coral blazer adds a pop of interest and brightens the whole outfit. Throw in a ladylike bag and some Aviators, and the styling is perfect. I would love to wear this outfit for an afternoon of shopping or to grab a coffee with a friend.
What do you think about the tricolor? Yay or nay?
1. Nasty Gal Beach Club Blazer in Coral, $68.00
2. Topshop basic neppy tee, $28.00
3. Topshop Moto supersoft Leigh jeans, $76.00
4. Kate Spade Irving Place Little Nadine, $398.00
5. White Mountain Mandarin, $55.00
6. Marc by Marc Jacobs Oversized Aviator, $98.00
7. Forzieri white pashmina & silk shawl, $188.00