Since I almost missed the first Advent Sunday (you can see my hand made Advent wrearh here), I made sure to have my Advent Calendar ready on time. I love the idea of home made Advent calendar, it´s much more personal and enjoyable than those you can buy in the mall! That´s why I made another trip to the crafts shop, stocked up on the sweets and candies and spent the whole Monday afternoon cutting, gluing and tying (and eating candies, of course :) And this is what I got in the end:
If you want to try and make the same one for yourself, here are the instructions:
What I needed:
* two rolls of patterned wrapping paper (this year, my Christmas decorations are all in purple & green)
* 2 sheets of colored paper (purple and green again)
* 1 roll of crepe paper (hot pink)
* thin decorative ribbon and string ribbon
* scissors, cutter, crafts glue, adhesive tape
1. I drew and cut the cone template: 15cm x 21cm (and I made the curve with the help of a simple plate).
2. I cut 24 shapes from the patterned paper (12 from each color).
3. I rolled the sheets into cones, glued them and then secured the seam with a little piece of adhesive tape (just in case).
4. I glued one star confetti to each cone.
5. I cut the circles from colored paper (again, 12 from each color) and wrote the numbers from 1 to 24 on them.
6. With the help of a cutter I made the little holes in which I secured a thin ribbon.
7. I tied the number tags to the cones, and secured with an adhesive tape.
8. Now I prepared the little candy packages: I cut 24 circles from crepe paper, I put chocolates and candies inside, wrapped into small packets and wrapped with the ribbon.
9. I secured a piece of string ribbon on the windows, attached the cones with colored clothes pins and filled them with little packages.
So, what about you? Will you make your own calendar or will you buy one?
Don´t forget to check out my latest Home Decor article over at Chic Galleria